Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baking marathon - eat more cake post

So I generally bake something yummy once a week or every-other week. And I guess it has only been 2 weeks, but I apparently had been "jones-ing" for baking because I went a little mad today.






I made pumpkin bread (same as I made a couple weeks ago - though I added more pumpkin pie spice this time). I decided to try to make some after I found myself going to Starbucks not just for an addictive coffee, but also for a $1.75 tiny slice of their delicious pumpkin bread! Not EXACTLY replicated, but it's getting there!





I am apparently known for my Chocolate Chip cookies at my husband's work. A couple of friends that work with him have been demanding cookies - in fact, they stole a picture off of his desk and left a ransom note, "bring us cookies or you will never see your picture again." HAHA too funny - so I made some cookies for him to take.






I use the TollHouse recipe that comes on the back of the Chocolate chips - I swear - but apparently I have a secret ingredient (brand of one of the ingredients - and No, I won't tell them what it is) that makes the cookies "puffy." Makes my husband hate them (he loves flat, crispy cookies), and everyone else seems to drool over them. The other key - at least 2 days old!! You either need to eat them while they are still warm, or after an Entire day of having sat in an air-tight container. No, really! It keeps the moisture in so they are delicious! No slice of bread to draw the moisture out - put them in a sealed container or even a ziploc baggie.

Then, I made a lemon meringue pie - from scratch.

When I make pie crust I make enough for 4 crusts (either 4 bottom crusts, or 2 bottoms and 2 tops, or other combination). After all that baking I didn't know who I would give the other pies to, so I rolled out the remaining crusts, placed in cheapo aluminum tins, and froze them in a giant ziploc bag. My Grandma assures me this will work fine - I'll have to report how it goes after I try using the frozen ones.


-Sew Sane Jane
(Posted using BlogPress from my iPad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...