So, some months ago a friend came up with the idea of a "picture prop" for all those fantastic mommies and daddies that like to take monthly update pictures of their cuties. We started with the idea of a onesie which morphed into an idea for a bib. I attempted this concept once before; with that particular bib pattern I only made 1-4 months as I was afraid that the bib would not fit too well thereafter.
A friend of a friend was looking at the bib and asked about making it useful for longer. Searching I went online for a new bib pattern. I searched and found Lots of cute ones, but none that I was confident about sizes with. Then, I stumbled upon a cute tutorial (of which I have already lost - I am so sorry. If you are reading this and recognize it, let me know - I Want to give credit to the creator of the bib shape!).
I decided to change the dimensions up a bit to make it 9.5" in length, 9.5" wide at the bottom, and 7.5" wide at the top.
I made the numbers and letters in a Word document, adjusted to the desired size, and printed on plain paper to use as a template for the numbers and the "mo". I then cut the letters out of just the red flannel, and cut the numbers out of a cream felt (for sturdiness and durability) and the red flannel. I topstitched the mo to the top later of fabric along with a .5" bit of sew-on velcro.
It is currently for sale in my Etsy shop!
Linking up with