UPDATE: Swap is Full
Alternate Swaps that I know about can be found at
I participated in a fabulous Rainbow Charm Swap about a year ago and LOVED it! I have been trying to catch ones to sign up for since, but have been too late on every one of them! I decided to create my own. I hope the rest of the people who missed out on other's swaps will sign up (or even those whom are participating in one of the others are welcome too!).
Sign-ups begin Immediately and will continue until all 27 spots are full (or until 3/25, whichever occurs first - I will fill in colors if needed).
I have decided to keep it simple for my first swap. We will do 2 yard rainbow swap - colors assigned to you (this will mean each person will receive (2) charms from each fabric selection). You will need to be on flickr to participate (so sign-up for an account if you do not have one). Please only sign up if you are in a smoke-free home as smoke clings to fabric like you would not believe. US participants only please (remember, trying to keep it simple for this first one).
- Once sign-ups are closed, you will be assigned a color.
- You will buy (1) yard of fabric of (2) different prints in your color assigned
- fabric should be 100% high quality quilters cotton (from LQS or reputable online quilt fabric store - NO JoAnn or Hobby Lobby fabric allowed - it really isn't as good of quality!)
- Your fabric should "read" the color assigned you, but it can have small flecks of other colors if you choose. You should steer clear of large print fabrics as once they are cut into 5"x5" charms you loose the print.
- do NOT wash your fabric.
- You will cut your selected fabric into 5" charms (see this great tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman for making your cuts). Each yard of fabric should = (56) 5"x5" charms. Which means that total you will be sending me (112) charms.
- You will put your stacks of fabric into a Ziploc baggie and include the details of you and your fabrics on an index card
- your name, e-mail address, physical address, fabric name and company, ...
- You will send me your fabric, index card, and a self addressed stamped envelope (see below) to me no later than 4/1 if we can pull that off with sign-ups.
- you can figure that you will be getting about the same weight of material back, so once you know how much it costs to send your fabric to me, you can include the same amount of postage on the self addressed envelope you include
- OR you can include a self-addressed flat rate priority mail envelope for me to send your charms back to you in
- You will post on our flicker group which prints you have selected to ensure there are no doubles. When you do, this is where you should also include info about the print for others to see - fabric name, line, company.
- Enjoy your charms once they are sent back to you!