Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love it when things work as I plan!

Yea for Love U panels! Border is from Deb Strain's new Moda line Fresh Cut Flowers. Quilted around the tree trunk, inner-border, and tree leaves.




I used the letters that were the original border for the ABC book that I made from A Moda Bake Shop recipe. So I had this middle panel leftover and didn't know what to do with it for a bit. Finally got inspiration over the weekend.

Couldn't find much selection of Love U yardage, but this fabric from Fresh Cut Flowers (also from Deb Strain for Moda) matched Perfectly!



Made these 3 rectangles on the back for hanging.



I think it turned out cute, but then inspiration hit. I wanted to make this a photo frame. Practiced adding vinal rectangles to the border (thankfully on scarps as it did NOT work out for me!!!). Instead, I found small curtain clips and sewed 8 of them on instead. Now you could hang pics or anything from it! So excited! Didn't finish the ring clips until this evening so I will have to share pics when I get better light.
Edit: finally got a pic OD the completed project with clips



-Sew Sane Jane
(Posted using BlogPress from my iPad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...