Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fabri-holic!!

I stopped by the cute fabric store near my work to get batting for my sparkling gemstones quilt and got side-tracked!  I think I might have a problem.  instead of buying batting to finish that project, I added 3 new projects to my to-do list.

This shop sells batting in pre-cut sizes and did not have the size I wanted in stock - darn.  Instead of leaving, I started looking around at fabric.  Since I have a few projects (with fabric already) in my to-do pile, I was trying not to buy.  ooops - dind't work out so well. 

I found 3 different fabric that I thought would make cute bibs (apparently that will be my new obsession for a bit). 
 This "A" is for aligator is perhaps my favorite of the three!





 I saw a Very cute pattern when I was reading up on one of my favorite blogs.  So, while I was trying to NOT buy every cute fabric to start a collection of colors for it, when I saw this polka-dot fabric (a Moda fabric from its "Bliss" collection) I could not help myself.  Thought this would be Great for the white borders.

I also got Moda's "Sunkissed" layer cake.  I wanted to make more fabric coasters - I think they will make great little gifts.  Housewarming, host gifts, prizes for bunco, etc.  I also found a great fabric 'dish' that I think I can adjust the measurements on to make it a holder for ~ 4 coasters (a nice little kit to make it a better gift).








Moral of the story - I have even MORE fabric and just added 3 projects to my to do list.  I am guessing that I am not the only one with this problem - any suggestions on what to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...