I finished the frames, trimmed them with my ruler square, and sewed 9 sets of three frames. I pressed the seams and set aside.
I found that trimming each block helped! used my square to even up the edges and make sure that each side block was the correct length.
I like to sew seams that face opposite directions. I find that I get a better, straighter seam. So when I ironed the seams for each block, I ironed the two outside squares of each set to the 7.5" pieces and the middle block of each set to the middle.
I then sewed three 14" strips together (long sides together) for a total of 6sets of these (except I think I ended up with 7 and had an extra - still trying to figure out what I did wrong there). And sewed three 27" strips for a total of (6) sets of these (again, I think I actually made 7, so I had an extra).
I then laid out the sets of frames - one per row with a total of 9 rows. Then laid out the strip sets - trying to avoid having the same pattern or colors too close to each other.