Saturday, January 8, 2011

Paper Cake - Baby shower cake

So I am Sometimes crafty in other ways too.  I was throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law and wanted something unique.  I had seen the diaper cake thing a lot at the last year or two of baby showers  - so etsy/google searching I went.  Jackpot!  I found a "paper-cake" idea.
1) Take cute scrapbook cardstock (it says to use 8.5X11 but I wanted a 3 layer cake so I used 12X12 cardstock and just taped the template to the larger stock),
2) cut using box pattern, score(I used the back side of my exacto knife), then fold into cute "piece of cake" shape (the pattern I used - I enlarged on my copier to 150% for the middle layer, 125% for the top layer and 175% for the bottom layer.  Laid out just right - I could get 2 cake boxes from a 12X12 paper for the top two layers.
3) glue as needed (I found these amazing glue strips that were the Perfect size and Not messy at all) and finally,
4) fill with goodies(I used baby themed mints, silver and pink hershey kisses).
Sounds like a lot of steps, but it went fast and I listened to some good audiobooks while I worked.
5) then tied ribbon around each layer to help hold them together.
Finished project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...