Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sparkling gemstones progress

So the sparkling gemstones quilt that I did not have enough backing fabric for: I stopped back by the fabric shop this afternoon and decided to get a few fat quarters to piece together a back with the yardage I already had. I laid out fabric and drew out a few different ideas on paper and finally decided. Pieced my new idea together, trimmed to fit, and am set now for the sandwiching/quilting process.




 


Will you believe (if I keep writing and you keep reading, you will not find this hard to believe for long. For being a fairly smart, educated girl, I am at times a bit flakey!) I don't have any batting that is the right size - arg! So yet ANOTHER trip to the store in my future!

Maybe I had not posted pics of the pieced front





Up close




2 comments:

  1. I love your patchwork. The colors and prints work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of this pattern, and the pieced back is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...