Tuesday, January 4, 2011

more 2010 projects

I have a few pics of these alphabet blocks. I used a Luv U panel (moda's Love u by Deb Strain - the one with 5" alpha blocks) and Lollipop charm pack from Moda.





Ended up using the Lollipop charm pack as I could not find the Love U charms at a store around me (and I needed instant gratification when I was looking). This one (Lollipop) ended up working great though!!




I used fusible interfacing on the back of each letter block to temporarily attach to each charm. I then cut and fit a 4.5" piece of batting for each letter. I layered the batting and charm (the charm that I had ironed the letter to). Then, I sewed (I used random fancy stitches that my machine makes for each) the letter to the charm and batting.
Then, I took 2 sewn let terns (A & B, for instance, or C&D) and put right sides together. Sewed them together leaving a 3.5" opening on one side, Snipped the corners, then turned right-side out. I then top stitched all sides (which closed the opening for turning)
Sewed a button hole on the top corner of each block (just don't do what I did - sew it on the top left corner of the A, C, E, etc) and pushed some 3/8" ribbon I had around through the holes and tied in a knot.



I had also made a "girly" version using the girl Luv U panel and yardage of the Love U Moda series (I just cut the yardage into 5" squares and used the same process as above.)
These were my cute gifts for my nieces this Christmas.






-Sew Sane Jane
(Posted using BlogPress from my iPad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...